The Barbie dolls have been out of the toy box a lot lately, so it was time for another nature play Barbie project. Last time, we made nature clothes for Barbie by decorating a paper printable. While watching my daughters enjoying the activity I felt there was something missing – wings!
There are three sets of wings on this printable angel wings, dragonfly wings and of course butterfly wings. As you can see by the images, sticking nature to the wings makes them simply stunning. Once you’ve tried nature, why not decorate the wings with yarn, material, recycled products or even glitter (although I’m not a big fan of glitter).
What you’ll need:
- Barbie wings printable
- Nature (or some other material to decorate)
- Paper clips
Click to Download the Barbie Doll Wings
How to make the Barbie Wings
- Print the printable above.
- Cut out the neck tie on the printable (long rectangle).
- Glue the remainder of the paper to a piece of cardboard. We used a cereal box.
- Once the glue is dry, cut out the wings.
- Let your child decorate the wings. They can do one or both sides of the wings. Leave the little box in the middle of the wings free from material/nature.
- Place the neck tie in the middle of the wings like below and secure it to the Barbie wings with a paper clip
- Place the wings on the Barbie dolls back and the neck tie around Barbie’s neck. Secure the two sides of the neck tie with another paper clip.
- Play with your winged Barbie!
- Why not make some matching clothes for her now!
Each of the Barbie’s wings look lovely on her, although I’m most fond of the butterfly wings. Nature stuck on the wings really does make them very pretty. Barbie looks like a nature fairy!
Who needs to buy Barbie clothes and Barbie wings when your children can make some themselves. The best part is that your children are being creative and enjoying their doll in a different way than they usually would. Plus it’s a perfect way to get outside and play with nature!
Leave a Reply