Well, it’s technically an insect and spider party but I’m not that much of a nature nerd to call it an invertebrate party (okay, I’ll admit I almost did).
I’m extremely happy they didn’t choose a princess party, I’m not afraid to tell the world how everything princess makes me cringe right now. What I love is that the party is nature related and bugs are totally awesome!
So, in preparation for their celebration, I’ve been indulging in a search for all things buggy including bug crafts that the girls and I can make leading up to their party. I couldn’t help sharing my favourites from the web (pun intended!) plus I added a few we’ve already done before.
Bugs Crafts your Preschoolers will love!
- Bottle Top Lady Beetles by Be a Fun Mum
- Lay beetle and Bee stone Craft by Red Ted Art
- The Grouchy Lady bug Craft by Buggy and Buddy
- Butterflies with Puzzle Pieces by Mother Natured
- Pine Cone Spiders by Fireflied and Mudpies
- Yogurt Lid Bugs by Educator’s Spin on it
- Toilet roll Bugs by Red Ted Art
- Bumble Bee Craft by Mother Natured
- The Hungry Caterpillar Craft by Danya Banya
- Lady bug Craft by Happy Hooligans
- Pebble Bug Pet Rocks by The Craft Train
- Spider Craft by Happy Hooligans
- Nature Spider Craft by Mother Natured
- Glowing Firefly Craft by Teaching Mama
- Scratch Art Spider Web by Childhood 101
I have a feeling Miss E and Miss J will want to make all of the insects and spider crafts I’ve listed, so there might be a busy month of bug crafting ahead. It will be a lovely lead up to their first ever birthday party with friends. Next, I’ll be researching costumes!