A leaf heart is a simply beautiful Valentine gift idea to give to someone special. Best of all is that you only need a few simple items around your home to make them.
A leaf heart gift is pretty enough to be its own gift but if you want to make it extra special, then hide a note inside it. Make it for a fellow nature lover, your children. Simple gifts like this are what really warms the heart.
Make the Sewn Leaf Heart
What you’ll need:
- Leaves (best to use freshly fallen leaves)
- Pretty paper for the secret message
How to make the leaf heart Valentine’s gift
- Collect some leaves. The bigger the better.
- Prepare the secret note. Write on it and roll it up.
- Cut two of the leaves into hearts the same size. It looks great if you can keep the stem of the leaf in the middle.
- Place two of the leaf hearts on top of one another and start to sew around them. You’ll need to be careful here and not get too close to the leaf edge or it will rip. Leaves that are still slightly green are the best for this. Stop 3 cm before you join the other stitching.
- Gently squeeze in the secret message.
- Sew the remainder of the leaf heart together until the stitching meets. Tie it off just as you would if you were hand stitching material.
If you love this craft, you’ll love all these leaf arts and craft ideas too!
See! It’s super easy and the end result is a leaf heart gift that’s unique and special. Perfect for children to make and give as presents to parents, friends to give to friends and parents to give to their children.
There really is nothing like it. Most people have never received a stunningly beautiful gift like this before so it’s even great for the person who has everything!
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!