This policy is valid from May 5, 2018
I may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page regularly to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using this website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we?
Mother Natured is an online parenting site founded by Penny Whitehouse. I share nature and animal activities, crafts, and lifestyle ideas for you and your children. I am based in Australia but we have followers from all over the world.
How your information may be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website,
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
If you choose to join our newsletter via a sign-up form on Mother Natured then your email address is required so that you can be sent the emails. We also ask for your First Name although this isn't required so that we may address you personally in our emails.
Your data is collected and then passed to our email service provider Campaign Monitor.
You may unsubscribe at any time from our newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or you can email us at [email protected] and ask that you be removed. Please make sure that you are using the same email address as you receive the emails from to do this.
Within the email service provider, we use tags to track the pages that you visit and actions that you take within the emails so that we can provide a more personalized email service to you.
We send emails 1 - 3 times a month and with our tracking try and make these as relevant to you as possible. From time to time we may include promotions for products.
When you purchase from Mother Natured
If you have purchased or downloaded a printable from Mother Natured then your details are stored either by our stored via a Third Party provider or Woo Commerce.
We ask for three pieces of information for downloads direct from our store - country (to apply EU VAT if necessary), First Name and Email Address.
All payments are made via PayPal or Stripe which does not retain any financial information once the transaction has been processed.
Products received through Woo Commerce: Your name and email address are collected for the purpose of providing you with the product you have purchased and you are opted-in to our newsletter (see above what data is collected and processed for newsletters). You can opt-out at any time. The data held in Woo Commerce includes your name, email address, IP address and PayPal or Stripe email and the product you bought. We can delete this information upon request but for financial and legal reasons copies of the invoices are retained.
Please see Woo Commerce, Paypal and Stripe's privacy and data protection policies for more information on how they collect and process your personal data.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Mother Natured currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Woo Commerce - this service helps deliver free and paid products straight to your email. They store your name and email address for purposes of delivering products.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
IMPORTANT: In your comment, you should avoid leaving information of a personal nature and it is recommended that you do this on any website you comment on.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Mother Natured is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Mother Natured is a participant in the Etsy Awin Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Etsy.com. As part of this program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Etsy, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Rights Related to your Personal Information
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
Amend – You may contact us at [email protected] to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Person Information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The information contained on this website or its attachments is to the best of my knowledge accurate at the time of authorisation in August 2019. Any representation, statement, opinion or advice, expressed or implied on this website is made in good faith for general information purposes and on the basis that Penny Whitehouse is permissible by law, not liable (whether by reason of negligence, lack of care or otherwise) to any person for any damage or loss whatsoever that has occurred or may occur in relation to that person taking or not taking (as the case may be) action in respect of any representations, statement or advice referred to above.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Competition terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Nature Play 12 Days of Christmas Competition (“the Competition”) is Mother Natured (“MN”) ABN of 68 Parkview Crs, Cornubia.
- The Competition will commence on Wednesday 1 December 2021 at 8:00AM and conclude on Sunday 12 December at 5:00PM (“the Competition Period”).
- To be eligible for entry into the Competition, entrants must open and click the link of the email related to that prize within 24 hours of delivery.
- You enter this Competition at your own risk and by entering the Competition you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is subject to any terms and conditions of each promoter or any third party providers. The prize will be posted to you by the product owner.
- Employees or immediate family members of MN or participating brands are excluded from making an entry into this Competition.
- The winners will be drawn by random selection, subject to the Terms and Conditions being complied with.
- One entry is allowed per email subscribed to MN.
- Brands participating in the Competition must send goods to winners within 7 days.
- MN is not liable should winners not receive their goods from participating brands.
- The prize is not transferrable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- The Winners from eligible entrants will be drawn no later than 26 hours after the email was initially sent. ALL twelve prizes will be announced together, on 14/12/21 and winners will be contacted. First names will only be announced.
- Winners must provide their address to MN, of which it will be passed on to the brand for postage of the prize. Your personal information that is provided for the purposes of this Competition, will be collected and used for the purposes of being contacted and prizes sent if you are a successful winner of the Competition only.
- The prizes include:
1. Nature Christmas Play Pack from Mother Natured
2. Nature Tool Kit by The Little Sunshine Australia
3. Nature Arts and Crafts Pack from Mother Natured
4. Play Tray by Crafty Little Folk
5. Mushroom Amulet by Afolha
6. Nature Yoga Yards from Mother Natured
7. Organic Fairy Flower Confetti by Lotus and Co.
8. Minibeast Nature Play Pack from Mother Natured
9. Botties and Baby Holder by STONZ
10. $50 voucher from Mother Natured
11. Nature Kaleidoscope by Bobr Shop
12. Nature Play Club Yearly Membership from Mother Natured
- MN reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of MN, tampers with the entry process, or who has, in the opinion of MN, engaged
in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or MN. MN reserves the right
to disqualify a Winner if MN becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- If for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by 20 December 2021, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited, as MN reserves the right to allocate a new winner.
- The Winners only will be notified.
- MN accepts no liability in the event that the Winners are unable to be contacted.
- MN shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in
connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. MN is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, MN reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Your personal information (if any) will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with MN
[email protected] to request access to any of the collected personal information that is held. If an Applicant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, MN may determine that they are not eligible to receive the prizes in this Competition.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of MN who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- MN reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this Competition if an event beyond the control of MN corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper
conduct of this competition.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- A breach of any of these terms will make the entrant’s entry void and null, and will not be considered by MN.
Last updated: November 2021