Use this leaf wall art to bring the outdoors in.
After changing jobs from outdoors to 90% indoors I was having nature withdrawals. Sitting at my desk made me sluggish, tired and seriously uninspired. I needed to go outside when I could but if I couldn’t, I had to bring the nature in to me!
So, I did! For starters I brought plants in but then I made this lovely leaf wall art. What I didn’t quite expect, but should have realised, was how it changes each and every day.
It’s changing art and I absolutely adore it!
This would be perfect in a kids room too. Imagine them seeing the changes throughout the year. They’ll adore their own leaf wall art too.
What you’ll need:
- Glue gun
- Good quality art paper
- White photo frame
- Heavy text book (to flatten the leaves)
- Circle hole punch
How to leaf wall art
- Find some beautiful leaves. Keep your largest leaf for the middle of the artwork.
- Use the circle hole puncher to cut out leaf circles with the remaining leaves.
- Put the large leaf and the leaf circles in the middle of a white sheet of paper. Place that sheet of paper into a big, heavy text book and let them sit in there for just over a week (or longer). You want the leaves to be flat.
- Using a piece of good quality art paper, draw up you paper into equal boxes. You can do all sorts of patterns, so bring out the leaf and leaf circles and experiment with your own unique design.
- Rub the lines out, so that you can only just see where you’re going to place your leaf circles.
- Next, using the glue gun, glue the leaf and leaf circles to the art paper.
- Place your leaf artwork in a simple, white frame. The white background will make the colours in the leaves pop!
- Place your leaf artwork on the wall for all to admire.
Now that I’ve made some plants and leaf wall art, next on the list is a terrarium for my office desk! I’m already feeling more comfortable and inspired. It’s amazing what a little bit of nature can do to your mental well being!
Here are some other wonderful suggestions to bring nature into your office.
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!