This nature spinner starts out slows but ends with some fun and fast twirling. Your children are going to love it!
It’s simple to make and all you’ll need are a few items from around the home. Then go outside and collect some light-weight items from nature. Keep your children occupied and let them decorate their nature spinner any way they would like.
Nature spinner –what you’ll need:
- cardboard (white is better)
- a cup
- glue stick
- string 30cm long
How to make the nature spinner:
- Use the cup as a stencil. Place it on the cardboard and draw around it. If your cardboard is thick enough, you’ll only need one, if you want it to be a little sturdier, make two and glue them together.
- Use a pencil to pierce two holes in the center of the cardboard circle.
- Collect bits and pieces from nature. This is always my favourite part!
- Cover the cardboard circle with glue and then get creative by sticking on pieces of nature. Make sure you don’t cover the holes.
- Thread the string through one hole and back through the other. Then tie the ends of the string together. Pull the cardboard to the center of the string.
- Try pulling, relaxing, pulling, relaxing. The spinners should twirl and sometimes they even make a humming noise.
Kid will love playing with their nature spinners inside, or out. The patterns look gorgoues when it’s spinning really fast. They merge together to almost get a nature rainbow. So pretty! I told you it’d be slow at the start but a fast and fun finish.
More nature crafts?
- Nature heads – create a beautiful nature collage on a boy and/or girl face
- Nature Arts and Crafts printable pack – more than a months worth of fun nature arts and crafts
- Mask nature crafts – Kid will love decorating their own mask
Kate @ the craft train says
These look great! I love the nature twist you’ve put on it.