My girls received temporary tattoos for their birthday and after putting a few on their skin, they quickly lost interest and left the remainder of them lying around the house. As I was picking up another pack, I had a great idea, I asked the girls if they would like to try making temporary tattoo crafts with me.
They were as excited as I was to give it a try.
I’ll admit that this activity was a little difficult for my six year old twins. Some would work out and some wouldn’t. It does take a little bit of practice and skill.
My eight year old was a pro and got most of hers perfect! As you’ll see the patience is worth the effort, they turned out simply stunning!
Materials for adding tattoos to nature
- Temporary tattoos
- A couple of tissues
- Natural objects: Leaf, rock, stone, log, stick or feather
How to: temporary tattoo crafts on nature
- Give your bit of nature a gentle wipe down with a cloth. In this example I’m using a leaf but it’s the same process for every bit of nature, except feathers –see below.
- Cut out the tattoo.
- Take off the plastic. I left the plastic on WAY too many times!
- Place the tattoo face down onto the bit of nature.
- Wet a tissue with water and dab it onto the back paper of the tattoo. The paper needs to be fully soaked in water before you try to move the paper off.
- Now, this is the hard bit. Gently move the paper back and forth a bit. If the tattoo looks like it’s sticking then gently and slowly slide the tattoo off. If you’re putting a tattoo on a feather ensure you pull the paper off in the direction of the feather barbs.
Watch how to add temporary tattoos to nature
Temporary Tattoo Crafts on Nature
See how our tattooed nature tuned out below:
You could use this decorated temporary tattoo crafts in so many ways. You could make a glorious garland by making tattooed feathers, or use tattooed leaves as birthday tags on a special friends gift. Try sprinkling tattooed rocks in your garden to make it extra magical too.
Give it a try, you’ll just love how pretty nature looks with temporary tattoos.
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!
Peggy Paige says
I love this idea but where did you get the temporary tattoos?
Hi Peggy, just the local craft store 🙂