Collect a pinecone and some glorious leaves and make this leaf and pinecone Christmas craft to hang around the home. It especially looks lovely hanging from your window or on your Christmas tree. It promises to bring festive joy to any room!
It’s also glorious when it spins.
Pinecone and leaf Christmas craft materials
How to make it
- Collect a lot of interesting and colourful leaves with your child.
- Warm up your glue gun.
- Make a heap of leaf circles using the circle punch.
- Using the glue gun, glue the leaf circles to the bottom of the pinecone first.
- Glue the circles overlapping each other moving up to the top of the pinecone.
- Before getting to the top of the pinecone, tie the string onto one or two of the top pinecone scales. Make sure it’s knotted tightly.
- Finish gluing your leaf circles all the way to the top of the pinecone.
- Tie a beautiful ribbon where the string meets the pinecone and your stunning leaf and pinecone Christmas craft is complete!
I hope this pinecone nature craft has inspired to enjoy some crafting with beautiful natural materials this festive season. There’s so many gorgeous nature crafts you can make. Take a look at the long list below.