What gift do you buy a child who loves dinosaurs? Well, there’s plenty of wonderful, albeit expensive, dinosaur gift ideas out there but it’s pretty easy to make your own dinosaur gift box and it will cost a fraction of the price!
What’s to love about this dinosaur gift box?
It encourages a lot of dinosaur play!
- Make dinosaur footprints
- Make dinosaur fossils
- Dig up your fossils
- Paint your fossils
- Pretend to be a dinosaur
What to put in the dinosaur gift box?
- Your choice plastic dinosaur toy
- Different sized paintbrushes (to use as paint excavation tools and paint brushes)
- You can also add some free to download dinosaur masks too!
Free Dinosaur Box Printables
I’ve made some printables to go with the gift box. You’re welcome:
Dinosaur Activity Card
Plaster instruction card
Dinosaur Gift Tag
How to decorate the dinosaur gift box
Decorating the box as a dinosaur makes a lovely addition to the gift.
- Glue some green tissue paper all over the box. I found a glue stick made this process less messy.
- Then, using a black permanent marker draw that dinosaur onto the green tissue paper covered box. I’ve added images of each side so that you can copy what I’ve drawn. Making scales is pretty easy, you just draw circles of many shapes and sizes close together.
With a few materials, you can easily make your own dinosaur box for that special dino mad child’s special day.