Bonbons can be used in many ways, for Christmas, a tea party, nature picnic and even weddings. Here’s some ideas to create gorgeous nature bonbons that your guests will love!
What you’ll need to make nature bonbons
What you need:
- Toilet rolls
- Bonbon snaps
- Brown paper
- Decorations – Sewn leaves, hole punched leaves, mini pinecones, paperbark or birch bark, gumnuts, acorns.
- Things to put inside the bonbon (see ideas below)
What to put inside nature bonbons
Add nature’s glitter or hole punched leaves inside your bonbon to give it a bit of festive fun when the bonbon is pulled. The confetti will look gorgeous scattered on your table top!
Just make sure everyone pops their bonbons before the food is at the table or it could make a mess on your plate.
Ditch the plastic toys that end up in landfill and give sweet nature gifts instead. Here are some lovely little nature gifts perfect for your nature bonbon:
- Painted acorns
- Wood slice bracelets
- Sewn leaf hearts
- Wood slice ornaments
- Acorn bells
- Painted leaves, stones or shells
It’s unlikely you’ll get a nature crown into a toilet roll but here are some other lovely alternatives:
Check out the free printable below for your very own nature bonbon jokes.
How to make a nature bonbon:
- Cut the brown paper at least 7cm longer than the toilet roll,on both sides.
- Wrap the toilet roll with the brown paper and stick the overlapping edges with glue or sticky tape.
- Place the bonbon snap through the middle of the toilet roll.
- Tie one end of the bonbon with string. Make sure it’s quite tight or the gifts you place on the inside will fall out.
- Place the gifts inside the bonbon and tie the other side of the bonbon tightly.
- Decorate the bonbon and then of course pull it!
I hope you enjoyed seeing all the ways you can create special nature themed bonbons. It’s now time for you to get creative and make your own!