Make a beautiful nature hair accessory for kids. Easy to make and simply stunning, it adds a softness to your child’s face unlike other hair accessories!
This nature hair piece takes me back to my childhood. When I was young, I used to make this exact nature craft in the school yard but mine was added to my clothes and became a brooch. The girls and I decided to glam it up and make them into hair pieces instead. I must admit that it’s far more spectacular wearing them this way!
This nature hair accessory is simple to make and you can try it with any leaf, gumnut and flower you find. We used a Swamp bloodwood eucalypt leaf, flower and a gumnut for this one.
How to make this nature hair accessory
- Add two hole punches length ways down the middle of the leaf like the image below.
- Thread a long piece of string through the two holes. The string should be long enough to be able to tie around your child’s head.
3. Flip the stem of the leaf over and push it through the middle of the leaf.
4. Push a gumnut and /or flower stem through this hole too.
6. Tie the hair piece to your child’s head.
So simple and so lovely!
Very cute. I’ll have to think of a North American version of this one!