A wood slice bracelet is a perfect way to tell your bestie that you love them and share a secret message that nobody knows about.
That secret message sits on your wrist, so no one would ever know it’s there! Best friends like secret messages.
Of course it doesn’t have to be made for friends, this gift would also be perfect for mothers on Mother’s Day, Grand parents and even teachers.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Thick branch
- Drill with a thin drill bit
- Sand paper
- Sharpie pens
How to make your wood slice bracelet
I’ve added a collage of DIY images to show you just how easy it is.
1. Collect the thick branch. Put it in between a clamp and saw off a thin slice of wood.
2. Sand the two pieces of wood so they are nice an smooth. We don’t want any splinters, do we!
3. Drill two holes on opposite sides of the wood slice. We used a 3mm drill bit.
4. Give the holes a little sanding too.
5. Decorate your piece of wood with the sharpies. Don’t forget to add a secret message to the back!
6. Tie the string through the holes and then you’re done!
If you like this, you’ll love these nature weaving wood slices!
Here’s some ideas to add to the back of your wood slice bracelet:
- An I love you
- Write something nice about the person
- A code to make it even more secret
- Quotes or a short poem
- A beautiful drawing of the person
- Stick on a mini envelope so that messages can be exchanged and stored.
See, a really simple wood slice craft perfect for children and young teenagers and a beautiful gift idea for family and friends. My daughter can’t wait to give hers to her best friend and I can’t wait to give the one I made to her!
Shhh, it’s a secret!