If you’re looking for something fun to add to your child’s lunch box, here’s a fun animal lunch box quiz that will your kids will adore!
You’ll feel great knowing that they’re opening their lunch box too.
Hopefully it will lure them to eating some of the healthy snacks inside!
Animal Lunch box quiz
I’ve been writing on post it notes and sending it with my daughters lunch box every single day.
I think I’ve well and truly surpassed my ‘I love you’ quota for the moment and decided to change it up with some animal quiz questions instead.
What you’ll need:
- Post it notes. Mix it up with a few shapes
- Pens and pencils. The brighter the better
What to do:
It’s simple, just write a question on a post it note and add it yo your child’s lunch box every day. Check out the animal questions I’ve already prepared for you below.
Be sure to ask your child the answer to the questions at the end of each day.
A few quick tips:
- Write the questions at their reading level. You don’t want them to give up on the question because it’s too hard to read.
- Make sure your child would know the answer most of the time. It’s good to add a few your child wouldn’t know but make sure these questions are really interesting to encourage them to find out. Remind them that they can ask their friends, or teachers, for the answers.
- Mix it up by pasting a picture of the animal on the opposite side of the post it note or hiding the picture under the sandwich.
Here’s a fortnight of questions to put in your child’s lunch box. Of course, I’m sure you can come up with some local wildlife questions on your own too.
Animal lunch box quiz questions and answers
- What animal looks like a horse and has stripes? Zebra.
- What is a big animal that has a trunk? Elephant
- What animal eats gum leaves and bellows? Koala
- This animal is white, hops and loves carrots. Rabbit.
- What animal says ribbit, ribbit? Frog
- What animal is tall, jumps up and down and has very big feet? Kangaroo
- What bird’s voice sounds like a laugh? Kookaburra
- What lizard has a big blue tongue? Blue Tongued Lizard
- What animal says Ssssss and slithers? Snake
- What animal turns into a butterfly? Caterpillar
What are you waiting for? Add a little fun to your child’s snack breaks by starting a animal lunch box quiz!
This is great! I am going to give these a try next week! Am sharing on FB too. 🙂
Thanks so much Steph. Let me know how it goes 🙂
Jacqui (CRAP Mamma) says
Oh Pen, that’s absolutely gorgeous!!! I love that you share your passion in every aspect of your family life, you’re a true wildlife ambassador and a true inspiration!! xx
Naww thanks Jac. It was just a little idea (the best sort) and Miss Possum loves it. I try not to get too overboard with wildlife because I don’t want my girls to think that’s the only thing that matters to me so now I’m doing a similar activity but related to machines. i.e. What do we get in when we drive to Grans house?
Jacqui (CRAP Mamma) says
Oh and I’m going to share this this week on my Facebook page xx
Mud Hut Mama says
This is such a great idea – I not only love the questions but I also love Miss. Possum’s lunches! They look so delicious and healthy!
Thanks Jode. I try to make them healthy and I’m lucky that Miss Poss is a good little eater, most of the time!
Fantastic!!! I’m off to pin. You really are gorgeous Penny, do you know that? I like you a lot. x
Kell, you keep saying stuff like that and it’s going to go to my head! Thank you 🙂
What a great idea. After reading your blog I started putting little stick it notes in my 7-year old daughter’s lunch box with animal quiz questions and jokes. She loves it!
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Rachel. It’s so lovely to hear that you are doing it with your little girl. I love the idea of jokes! I’m sooooo going to do that too!