I knew these stick fairies were going to be a hit with my girls.
Pretty leaves: Tick.
And I was right on the mark. What more could they ask for?
The part I loved the most about making this gorgeous craft is that I knew they would all look unique. Add different leaves, head pieces, petal tutus and you have a whole new fairy to play with. You could try making seasonal fairies too!
Granted, your children can’t play with these stick fairies forever — about the same length of fun that’s produced with a plastic rubbish toy — but at the end of this toy’s life, you’ll feel better. It will happily biodegrade in your backyard.
I love toys made from nature!
Materials to make Stick Fairies
How to make Stick Fairies
Watch how to make the stick fairy
- Cut or brake a stick to your desired length.
- Paint your stick.
- Use permanent markers to draw on a face, hair and hands.
- Use a good quality craft glue to stick the leaves onto the stick to make wings
- Add more natural materials, like petals for a skirt or flower head piece, to finish it off!
You can make different stick fairies for every season. Try winter fairies with nature that you find with cool colors. Try summer fairies, spring fairies and fall fairies. You could even make stick fairies dedicated to a particular flowers just like the Flower Fairies illustrated by Cicely Mary Barker.
If you love this craft you’ll adore all these Leaf Art and Craft Ideas. So may wonderful ways to use leaves!
So try to make these simple stick fairies with your kids. They will totally LOVE it!
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!