I’m not sure the girls would have come up with robot leaf craft unless I suggested it. Thankfully, they were really interested and I was made to collect leaves for the robot activity right away.
I guess that’s why I suggested a robot activity in the first place. I wasn’t quite sure if they’d be interested but I was proven wrong, they were very, very keen!
Aaaah, so many benefits to this leaf craft:
- You only need a few items from around the house (and backyard),
- Your kids will learn shape and color recognition, scissor skills and build fine motor skills,
- Best of all they can create gorgeous leaf robots again and again. The possibilities are literally endless!
Watch the video
Materials to make leaf craft robots:
- Leaves. Lots and lots of leaves!
- Hole punch shapes:
Large circle punch |Large Star punch |Large Hexagon punch |Regular hole punch (aff. links)
- Piece of paper (preferably recycled)
- Glue (optional)
How to make this Robot Leaf Craft
- Get the kids away from those screens and out in the fresh air, exercising, exploring and connecting with the outdoors. They’re going to have to collect lots and lots of leaves for this activity. Try to find a range of colors too.
- Cut the leaves up into different shapes (triangles, circles, rectangles, squares). Make some big and some small. The kids can cut them out themselves or if they’re a little younger, give them a helping hand.
- Place the leaf shapes in separate little bowls.
- Grab a piece of paper and let your children get creative making their own Leaf Robots with all the beautiful leaf shapes.
Aren’t these just adorable! Give this robot leaf craft a try. It’s perfect for all, girls, boys, robot-mad kids, or not! 😉
You may also like our
Nature Arts and Crafts Pack
This pack will provide hours of fun, learning,
and creativity for you and your children.
– Over 30 nature arts and craft printables
– Printables include an easy how-to instruction sheet
Just add nature to bring the printable to life!