I’m lucky enough to have access to leaves all year round – but I know many of you are heading into Fall and that means you’ll soon have leaves galore. I’ve been busily making leaf arts and crafts to share and I’ve also found other gorgeous ideas from around the web, just so you can make use of the wonderful season that’s coming your way.
Why Leaf arts and Crafts?
If you’re here, you’re already interested in leaf crafts but just in case you’re not quite sure if you want to start crafting with leaves just yet, here’s why you should give it a go:
- Leaves are free
- They’re right outside your door
- You don’t need many other materials to craft with them
- They’re more versatile than you think!
Many people like to preserve their leaves. I don’t usually have to do anything to them and they last me a good month or more in my home. It might be my climate, so here’s some ways you can preserve leaves if your climate requires it.
This is my favorite part of the leaf art and craft process. Hunting for beautiful leaves is so much fun. Use as a way to appreciate nature. Talk about the colors, shapes and sizes of leaves. Here’s a Leaf hunt printable that may help.
Before you craft, it’s a good idea to give your leaves gentle wipe with water. No other preparation is required.
Beautiful Leaf art and Craft Ideas
Here’s some beautiful leaf arts and crafts to get you into mood of the season. There’s one for almost every second day of the season!
3. Leaf Messages. Use leaves in your spy play or as secret messages you send to friends. No one would suspect an important message would be placed on the back of a leaf!
4. Leaf Lacing. If you have child that love threading or sewing. Grab a few leaves get going. SO much fun!
5. Leaf Shapes Play. This leaf craft takes literally five minutes to set up. Collect some leaves and cut them into shapes. Then see what your kids make them into. Check out the possibilities.
6. Colorful Leaf Art. If you’re feeling joyous, this is the leaf art project for you! Bright colorful and most of the material you’ll probably have in your home!
7. Sewing Leaf Hearts. Sew a leaf heart for someone special or just add them to the letterboxes down your street. Your kids will learn threading skills, nature appreciation and simple kindness.
8. Leaf Drawing Prompts. If you’re having a wet weather day or you can’t access leaves, use this printable as your go-to fall activity!
9. Leaf Snake Craft. This is the most simple but most fun leaf craft ever. Grab a pair of scissors and make a snake! See the video tutorial!
10. Leaf Garland. There’s nothing like a pretty leaf garland hung between the windows to make Fall feel like Fall. Such a lovely way to celebrate the season.
11. Leaf Fairies. Make some gorgeous leaf fairies with a few natural materials. The win have to be leaves. The Fall colors make the fairies incredibly whimsical.
12. Thankful Tree. Add a leaf with a thankful message to a tree trunk (branch) each day. A beautiful, heart-warming way to celebrate the season.
13. Sew Patterns on Leaves. More sewing on leaves but this one let your kids creae what they like. You’ll be surprised with the stunning things they create with a leaf, needle and piece of thread.
14. Leaf Tracing. I do hope every child had traced around and created leaf rubbings with a crayon. If you haven’t this is the time to start. Kids love this leaf art activity!
15. Leaf Nature Crown. This nature crown is so sweet and so perfect for a woodland tea party. It’s GORGEOUS!
16. Nature Fall Tree Craft. Recreate your own trees with your kids using a few sticks and all the leaves that are falling around you. It’s a leaf craft perfect for young and old.
17. Emboss Leaves. Did you know that you can emboss leaves. Grab an embossing sheet and let your kids have a go. It’s also a fantastic activity to teach children cause and effect.
18. Wild Fall Crown. Want a crown that’s a little less structured and a little more wild. Give this lovely one a try!
19. Put tattoos on Leaves. Yes, you can add tattoos onto leaves and it’s easier than you think. It adds a whole new level to the textures that already appear on leaves falling from the trees.
20. Threaded Leaf Garland. Let your little one make their own garland with this simple idea. Up it up on the window and wait for the sunlight to hit it in the evenings. Magical!
21. Leaf Softie. If your child found a special leaf help them make it into a leaf soft toy. They’ll have the imprint of it forever and take i to bed and snuggle it every night!
22. Leaf Robots. More leaf shape play but this time make some cool robots. Look at these marvelous creations!
23. Leaf Squish Prints. If you haven’t let your child loose with some leaves and a hammer, it’s time to do so. SO. MUCH. FUN!
24. Leaf Mermaid Tails. Wow, leaves make incredible tails on mermaids! Give this leaf art a try.
25. Leaf Print Crown. Another gorgeous leaf crown idea. Who knew there were so many ways to make them. This time make leaf prints and use the prints to make a crown. Check out the end results. So pretty!
26. Leaf Envelopes. Write letter to pixies and fairies and then place them in a hand-made leaf envelope.
27. Leaf Mesh Painting. Make beautiful leaf portraits with just a few items: Paint, A leaf and mesh. Kids will love to get their hands messy with this one.
28. Leaf Calligraphy. Make your very own feather calligraphy pen and then use it to draw and write with ink, using leaves as your canvas. The effect is lovely.
29. Leaf Bookmarks. Make something beautiful and useful with these glorious fall bookmarks. So pretty!
30. Leaf Bows. Use leaves as bows in your hair or bows on a special gift. Leaves are so versatile.
31. Leaf Luminaries. Make your own leaf candle holder and watch it light up with brilliant colors of the season!
32. Leaf Love Bugs. Make a cute little bug with a few leaves a studs. This is so cute!
33. Leaf POP Art. These will look amazing on your wall. Make some leaf pop art!
34. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Leaf Craft. Use leaves to recreate the caterpillar in this well loved story. I kind of wish the book was make using leaves now!
35. Charcoal Leaf Art. Make leaf rubbings with charcoal and leaves. This looks amazing!
36. Leaf Candle Holders. Grab some leaves and some cute hole punches and make a pretty candle holder. Watch the shapes and colors come to life when you light the candle.
What are you waiting for? Head outside, collect some leaves and get started with the glorious leaf art and craft activities with your kids. You’re all going to have a fun time with nature this season!