More Aussies are embracing the scary season and there’s one natural material that’s in plentiful supply around Halloween. Can you believe it? Gumnuts!
Try this adorably spooky Halloween gumnut craft using an Aussie favourite.
Halloween Gumnut Craft materials
- White acrylic paint
- Black permanent marker
How to make gumnut ghosts
- Wipe over your gumnnuts with a moist washer.
- When your gumnuts are dry, paint it with white acrylic paint.
- Let the white paint completely dry. Don’t be tempted to draw on it early.
- Draw your faces on with a permanent marker.
- Finish your ghosts by drawing a wavy line around the bottom of the gumnut and colour it in.
This is the first Halloween craft I’ve made that hasn’t included bats and spiders. Using gumnuts was a great excuse to veer away from those themes and I’m pretty thrilled at how they turned out.
I have another Halloween ghost craft coming up soon but if you’re looking for more. Check out the great ideas below.