If you’re looking for an Earth Day Handprint Craft that’s a little different and a super fun for kids, this free printable will make it easy for you.
Plus, your kids will love putting on their wall this Earth Day!
Pair it with out Earth Day Resources Pack and you’ll be truly empowering your children to change the world.
- A big Leaf
- Black felt pen
- Earth Day Hand Print Craft printable
- Acrylic paint
Grab the free download
Check out the video
How to make this Earth Day Handprint Craft
- Go outside with your children and find the biggest leaf you can find. The bigger the better!
Enjoy this time looking at leaves. If you collect too many, there’s a heap of lovely things to make with leaves.
- Depending on the age of your child, draw or ask them to draw around their hand.
- Next, encourage your child to cut around their hand shape on the leaf. Cutting leaves it quite different from cutting paper and kids really enjoy it. Be sure to keep a few spare leaves up your sleeve though, just in case the cutting stage doesn’t go as well as you thought it would. It can be a little tricky.
- Ask your child to paint on the underside of the leaf hand silhouette. It’s important to paint on the side where the veins are most prominent.
- Now tip the leaf hand silhouette onto the paper and let your child’s fingertips gently squish in and around the bumps in the veins.
- Gently pull the leaf up and expose the gorgeous hand print underneath.
- Hang your poster up around the house, in their bedroom or around your nature table.
I hope your children will enjoy this Earth Day Handprint Craft as much as we did.
You may also like our
Earth Day Printable Pack
20 Earth Day Vocabulary Cards
12 Earth Day Action Cards
12 Earth Day Swap This Cards
3 Earth Day Posters
2 Earth Day Nature Crafts
Teach your kids all about keeping the earth healthy without overwhelming them. These beautiful cards will help to inspire your little ones and show them how they can protect their natural world.