Feel great showing off the stunning terrarium Necklace Pendant, you made yourself. Once you have everything you need, it’s so easy to make!
I wanted something earthy and beautiful to wear, so I decided to make myself a terrarium necklace pendant. I know wearing it will brighten any day that may start out gloomy.
You can also make this striking necklace pendant too. It’s simple!
Terrarium necklace pendant:What you will need
- Mini glass bottle with stopper (affiliate link)
- Fine Gravel
- Screw hook
- Water spray bottle
How to make a terrarium necklace
1. Use a peg to hold the glass bottle upright. Add in a thin layer of gravel first.
2. Then, add a fine layer of charcoal and next, a fine layer of soil. Don’t worry too much if the soil touches the sides. We’ll wash it off later.
3. Add the moss using a skewer or tooth pick. I found this part much easier than expected. Gently use the skewer to place the moss where you would like it to sit.
4. You should now have a thin layer of gravel, charcoal, soil and moss in the round glass bottle, in that order. Using a spray bottle, gently spray a small amount of water inside the bottle. This should clean up any soil debris that’s stuck to the inside glass. Don’t spray too much.
6. I let mine sit for a week in a shaded spot outside to let the moss settle (it must not get any sun or the moss will die).
Just before I wore the most beautiful necklace in the world, Miss Platypus got to it and dropped it on the floor. I was devastated. Luckily, it’s easy to make! So I’ll be making another just like it this weekend. Kids!
Did you have something beautiful that your child destroyed? Would you like more nature accessory tutorials for us Mothers?