If your kids love making things with their hands then they will love making these nature clay Christmas Ornaments.
After buying some clay from our local craft shop, I wasn’t exactly sure what we would make.
It didn’t take long for an idea to pop into my head, especially when I saw our Christmas cookie cutters.
I prepared a table with clay and materials from outside and when the girls came home from school they were drawn to it right away.
They spent a good hour playing and making pretty clay and nature ornaments with all the materials.
Want to make your own?
Here’s what you’ll need:
How to make Christmas Clay Nature Ornaments
- Go outside with your kids and collect a whole heap of natural materials.
- Set up a table that’s suitable with all the things you need. Be sure the table is flat.
- Knead your clay to make it soft and pliable. Roll it out flat using a rolling pin.
- Let you child cut out a shape, or a few shapes, using a cookie cutter.
- Place a hole in your ornament if you’re looking to hang it around your home or on your Christmas tree.
- Use the nature to decorate your clay. We found the adding a tiny amount of water on a paintbrush and applying it to the clay helped the nature stick to the clay more securely.
- Set your clay nature Christmas ornaments out to dry.
Check out our Nature & Clay Christmas Ornaments
There are so many gorgeous ornaments you can make with a little clay and some beautiful natural materials.
What do you think your child will create?
You may also like our
Christmas Nature Craft Pack
8 nature craft character and shape printables
(Santa, elf, Christmas tree, Snowman,
Reindeer Candy cane, star and bell)
6 Christmas Card templates
Make your own Christmas tag template