These Christmas tree leaf ornaments will make you happier.
Because nature just does that. The whole experience of crafting with nature sends joy through your body.
Is there any chance of other emotions?
Well, now that you ask, yes. You feel calm, restful, inspired and content. Nature crafting can have a beautiful impact on your mind, on your kids’ minds.
Can you get negative emotions when crafting with nature?
Maybe, you might feel frustrated if you have the wrong type of glue but if it’s the quality kind then the experience is sure to be a positive one.
Christmas, although wonderful, is stressful at times and you and your children need time to calm your thoughts and actions, yet still celebrate the season. Nature crafting is the answer. You can make these gorgeous Christmas tree leaf ornaments, decorate your own mini Christmas tree or make a layered leaf Christmas Tree.
There are plenty of ways to encourage a restful calm to your festive season celebrations.
What you need:
- Hole punch – regular hole, star and snowflake
- Good quality craft glue
Make your Christmas tree leaf ornaments
Watch the video
- Ahh, my favourite part of crafting is always going outside and collecting the natural materials. I do love finding pretty leaves that suit the nature crafts I’m going to make. Spend a good amount of time in nature collecting beautiful leaves with your children.
- Bend your leaf and gently cut two slits into the middle of the leaf.
- Weave the stick through the holes you made, similar to the image below.
- Now it’s time to decorate the leaves to make them look like Christmas trees. Use other leaves, it’s best the colour contrasts with the original leaf, and hole punch a whole bunch of shapes.
- Use a good craft glue and let your kids decorate their beautiful leaf Christmas tree ornaments.
- Add some string to the stick at the back of the leaf and hang them up around your home. They will bring you joy every time you look at them.
Add some restful play to your child’s Christmas activities. They’ll smile for sure!
sandy fisher says
love the leaf christmas tree’s. I teach preschool. How do I preserve them.