These Barbie paper dresses can be used in a variety of ways. It can be covered with material, yarn, feathers or other craft materials but all my girls wanted to do today was cover it with nature.
Colouring with nature has almost become a series here on Mother Natured. We’ve coloured Animal Templates and made our own Nature Superhero Masks in very similar ways. I’m certainly influencing my children with a love of nature!
Of course, you don’t have to make the Barbie paper dresses like we did, you can use them however you like.
I would encourage you to try it with nature at least once though. No matter how young your child is, if they are old enough to glue objects onto paper, it’s going to look spectacular!
Barbie paper dresses: what you’ll need
- Barbie Doll
- Printable (below)
- Nature (we used flowers, cut grass, sand and leaves)
- Paper clips
1. Print out the Paper Barbie Outfits and cut them out.
2. Collect nature with your children.
3. Set up the table with everything your children need to decorate their dresses and then let them get creative.
5. Use the paper clips to secure the paper outfit onto the Barbie. Alternatively, you can glue the tabs to secure it also . Your children will probably require some assistance with this step. My girls couldn’t even wait until the glue was dry!
6. Although the nature outfits will last a couple of days, I would suggest taking photos of your child’s Barbie doll dress up creations. If you’re using some other material, it probably will last longer. You could make a whole wardrobe filled with clothes for Barbie!
It was wonderful dressing up the Barbie dolls with their outfits. They looked so, so lovely. In addition, and perhaps I’ll make a follow up printable for this but I think adding fairy wings would top it off! Either way, my girls adore their Nature Barbie Dolls and I hope you do too!
How would you use the Paper Barbie Outfits?