Fall in love with the kooky and spooky during this superstitious holiday season. That includes appreciating the only flying mammals: bats. Start by making this incredibly simple, and beautiful, batty pumpkin for Halloween.
What you’ll need for this bat themed pumpkin craft
- A pumpkin
- Carving knife
- Bat Punch (affiliate). I use the Sullivan brand, Fiskas are good too, but I think this one would do just as well.
- Good quality craft glue (affiliate). I use this one.
How to make a bat themed pumpkin craft
- Hollow and then carve a face (optional) into your pumpkin. I carved a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin to get the seeds and pulp out. This way the juice will flow out of the pumpkin, making it last longer.
- Collect a heap of wonderful leaves. Dark green leaves contrast beautifully with the orange skin of the pumpkin, so be sure to collect some.
- Use the bat punch to make lots and lots of bat silhouettes. Flat leaves are the easiest to hole punch.
- Start gluing the bats onto the pumpkin.
- Glue the bats all over the pumpkin!
Display your batty pumpkin every night and then place it in the fridge during the day, especially if you live in Australia where it’s heating up.
Hole punched leaves and pumpkins look stunning put together. Give it a try!