I am officially addicted to leaf crafts, but most of you knew that already! So, when I looked at a leaf the other day – while I was watering the garden – I thought yeah I could make a leaf zombie craft. I immediately dropped the hose, grabbed a few leaves and started crafting.
I did turn off the hose too, forgot to mention that.
Leaf Zombies are going to be creepy and the colours in the leaves really lend themselves to scary zombie faces. They’re perfect actually! The green leaves give the zombies a Grinchy scary look and the orange and yellow leaves make the the faces look like they’re decomposing.
Use leaves that have a few holes and munched edges and it will give your leaf zombie craft even more character!
Can you tell I enjoyed this craft more than my children? They loved making their own though, but it’s great when mothers join in, right? That’s my excuse anyway!
What you’ll need to make leaf zombies
- Leaves (lots of colourful leaves)
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
Make this leaf zombie craft
Grab your little one and show them how to make a leaf zombie. Hopefully the video will inspire them!
- Clean the leaf off with a tissue.
- Paint the black sections of the zombie first. Add dark around the eyes, the dark in the mouth, any stitches, wrinkles and a nose.
- I was a little lazy in the video and didn’t bother letting the black paint dry but it’s really up to you if you make your kids wait for it to dry or not. Next, paint on the white eyeballs and teeth.
- Add the finishing touches to your leaf zombie by painting snot coming out of the nose, or add green to teeth to make them look rotten. You can also add red to make the eyes look blood shot. So creepy!
If you love leaf zombies, you will love making leaf ghosts. Create your very own spooky ghost and zombie garland!
Hang your leaf zombie crafts around your home on Halloween. They’d be perfect made into a garland and hung at your front door. It’s a fun way too spook little trick-or-treaters!
I’ll make leaf craft addicts of you yet!
More zombie crafts?
I just adore this zombie craft made from recycled materials. So fun!