Use leaves to make this gorgeous leaf love bug craft for Valentine’s Day. It’s perfect for kids and there’s a great surprise when you open the wings to reveal a hidden message inside. Keep scrolling to see what I’ve added under the love bug’s wings!
No need to spend a fortune to tell someone you love them.
Leaf Love bug craft materials
- Leaves (preferably two different colours)
- Heart hole punch
- Permanent marker
- Good quality craft glue
How to make the leaf love bug
- Cut a leaf into the shape below and draw some eyes at the small rounded end. This is the body of the love bug.
- Using the punch, cut a heart out of a leaf. Write a little love message on the heart with a fine tip permanent marker.
- Glue the heart message onto the body of the bug with good quality craft glue.
- Measure another leaf against the body of the bug, then making sure it’s bigger than the bug’s body, cut it into the shape of a heart. These will be the love bug’s wings.
- Cut the love bug’s wings straight down the middle (see below).
- Put the first stud through the half heart and the body of the bug, up the top of the heart. Flatten the supports underneath. Do this to the other side of the heart too. Add the other studs to the bug’s wings only.
Check out the video to see the tutorial and the leaf love bug it in action!
Try this gorgeous love bug craft with your kids. They will love receiving one or giving one to their special friends on Valentine’s Day or any day they want to show some kindness to a friend.