It’s easy to make animal piklets and special for any occasion but they’re perfect for a wildlife themed party, don’t you think?
Animal piklet recipe
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 table spoons of sugar
How to make animal piklets
- Sift the self raising flour into your bowl.
- Place sugar in the bowl.
- Make a well (depression) in the middle of the flour and sugar
- Mix the milk and eggs together with a fork and tip mixture into the middle of the flour.
- Give it a good stir to get rid of the lump.
- Bring frypan to medium heat
- To make the wildlife pancakes:I used a piping bag (a plastic bag with a corner cut off) to help me guide the pikelet batter onto the fry pan. For extra control, I would also suggest making the batter slightly thicker than normal.Secret Tip – If you can’t draw, you could always find animal-shaped metal cookie cutters – easy!
- Flip the wildlife pancake when quite a few bubbles have risen to the top.
- Tip the pancakes onto a plate when fully cooked.
Try making these animal shapes
I hope you enjoy making animal piklets. My three girls just love them. Their favourite is always the butterfly though. Girls!