Let your children go wild with these free animal finger puppets. I have four to share with you including a koala, barking owl turtle and lady beetle.
Your kids will adore them!
Animal Finger Puppets for Play
Play is important and this is just another way children can discover the animals in their world and build connections with wildlife.
These finger puppets should predominately be used for unstructured play but they can also be help to encourage discussion on the animals themselves.
Check out the fun we had!
Animal finger puppet Role play ideas
Here are a few educational dialogue examples that you can use with the animal finger puppet printable while role-playing with your child.
Barking owl finger puppet
- I’m a bird of prey, look at my huge talons.
- What shall I eat tonight? Possum, lizard, or I might just eat some insects flying on the wing?
- I’m not like all the other owls. I’m crepuscular; I fly around at dawn and dusk.
Lady beetle finger puppet
- We love eating eat aphids.
- Ladybugs are insects, see, I have six legs?
- I’m not poisonous but I trick my predators into thinking that I am with my brightly coloured back!
Turtle finger puppet
- I am a reptile, I have scales on my shell and I’m ecothermic.
- My hard shell protects me from my predators.
Koala finger puppet
- I’m a marsupial. I have a pouch.
- Numm numm numm, Eucalyptus leaves are tasty!
- It’s daytime? I’m tired. *yawn*
- You might also want to learn to bellow like a koala.
These animals finger puppets were a huge hit with the girls, as you can tell by the pictures. I hope you enjoy them.