Let your children go wild with these free animal finger puppets. I have four to share with you, including a koala, barking owl turtle and lady beetle.
Your kids will adore them!
Animal Finger Puppets for Play
Nature play is so important for kids as they grow. Not only are finger puppets a lot of fun, they’re also a fantastic way for children to discover the animals in their world and build connections with wildlife.
These finger puppets are ideal if you’re integrating unstructured play into your kids’ leisure time. They also help to encourage discussion surrounding the animals themselves.
Check out the fun we had!
Animal Finger Puppet Role-Play Ideas
Here are a few educational dialogue examples that you can use with the animal finger puppet printable while role-playing with your child.
Barking owl finger puppet
- I’m a bird of prey, look at my huge talons!
- What shall I eat tonight? Possum? Lizard? A few flying insects, perhaps?
- I’m not like all the other owls. I’m crepuscular; I fly around at dawn and dusk.
Lady beetle finger puppet
- We love eating aphids.
- Ladybugs are insects, see? I have six legs!
- I’m not poisonous, but I trick my predators into thinking that I am with my brightly coloured back!
Turtle finger puppet
- I am a reptile; I have scales on my shell and I’m ectothermic.
- My hard shell protects me from my predators.
Koala finger puppet
- I’m a marsupial. I have a pouch.
- Numm numm numm, Eucalyptus leaves are tasty!
- It’s daytime? I’m tired. *yawn*
- You might also want to learn to bellow like a koala.
These animal finger puppets were a huge hit with the girls, as you can tell by the pictures. I hope you enjoy them!
If your kids love printables and animal activities, be sure to check out my Nature Play Club. You’ll gain access to my entire nature play library, so you will never have to run out of play ideas again!