If you’re looking for a simple Easter themed activity to do with the kids this weekend, why not make a Bunny Nature Mask?
Sometimes all you want is something really easy to set up, clean up and keep the kids busy.
In our case, we’ve had an emotional couple of weeks and I really needed a break. I didn’t feel like hiking or taking the kids to the zoo and I didn’t even feel like joining in with this activity either (which is weird for me because nature crafting is my thing!).
The kids asked me to make a bunny mask last year but time hopped (pun intended) away from us and we didn’t end up using it. I was thanking my lucky stars that I had it up my sleeve.
I simply needed a moment.
To get your own moment, here’s what you’ll need.
What you’ll need
- Bunny mask printable (see below)
- Natural materials
How to Make the Bunny Nature Mask
- Print out your free printable bunny mask (download it below)
- Collect some nature. You can do this with the kids, or give them a basket and send them off into the backyard. Usually, I go with my kids and we spend some time soaking up all that vitamin N but, again, I just wasn’t feeling it – and if you’re not feeling it, that’s okay too!)
- Let them go crazy and decorate their bunny masks.
- Grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy the moment (until they want to put the mask on – be ready with some string).
You’ll notice that I didn’t take any ‘how to’ photos. I was sitting in the garden with a cup of tea while the girls were occupied. I do hope you’ll forgive me. It’s so simple I didn’t think you’d need many instructional photos *wink*.
The girls were quite happy to spend the afternoon grabbing bits and pieces from our garden and adding it to their bunny masks.
The end result was a delight too. Just look how pretty Miss E’s turned out!
I hope you enjoy this craft as much my girls did. It’s okay to sit this one out too if you just need a break.
I certainly felt more refreshed after my cuppa in the garden.
Nature is so good for a soul.
Have a beautiful Easter everyone!
You may also like our
Bunny Nature Craft Printables
1 x activity how-to page
4 x bunny faces
Use this lovely activity in spring, for Easter, or just because it’s a beautiful quiet afternoon activity.