This is such an easy and relaxing craft to do with your children. You only need a few items, most of which are readily available around your home. I’m also a big advocate for playing and creating with nature and adding, just a stick, will bring that natural element to this simple animal craft.
What you’ll need
- Black felt pen
- animal stencils (affiliate)
How-to: Animal dot painting craft
- Using a stencil, draw an animal with a black felt pen
- Collect a stick
- Dip the stick into the paint and then do some dot painting inside and outside of the felt pen lines.
Your creativity is endless.
Ours turned out lovely and reminds me of beautiful traditional Aboriginal art we’ve been teaching the kids about. Miss Possum loves this activity so much that I think she’ll be better than me in no time!
Talk about the Animal
While dotting the animal you can talk to your child about the animal:
- What does your animal eat?
- Where does your animal live?
- What body covering does your animal have?
Have you been crafty lately?
Leave a Reply