Furnish your table with mother nature this Christmas and add a warm and natural festive feel to your home.
This Christmas nature craft table decoration is a little harder than most of the crafts I post here but children can help by threading the string through the holes in the sticks and then weaving hole punched leaves through the string. It’s totally worth that little extra effort and you’ll be creating the family tradition of threading beautiful leaves through the strings each year.
What you’ll need
- 3 Sticks with a thickness of at least 1cm
- 1 stick that’s .5cm thick
- A Branch
- Snowflake hole punch (optional)
- Twine string
- Glue gun
How to make nature table decoration
- Cut two sticks to the same length. You can snap the sticks or use a saw.
- Draw pencil marks from one end of the stick to the other. Start by placing a pencil mark at least 1cm in from the edge of the stick and then draw the marks approximately 2.5cm apart to the end of the stick.
- Drill holes where you’ve placed the pencil marks. Use a significantly smaller drill bit than the width of your sticks. Do this for both sticks.
- Holes do not need to be drilled into the third stick and this stick doesn’t need to be a set length. Mine was slightly shorter than the two sticks with holes.
- Next, tie the three sticks together with string making sure it’s nice and secure. The two drilled sticks go on the sides of the triangle, try to keep the holes parallel with each other, and the shorter stick on the bottom of the triangle (see image below).
- Thread some string onto a needle and tie a big knot at the end of the string. Start at the top of the triangle and thread the needle through the top hole and then thread it through to the hole on the opposite stick. Move down the the next hole on the same stick and thread it back the other way. Keep threading the string through the holes all the way down to the bottom. Pull the string taut and tie a knot when you’ve threaded it through the last hole.
- To make the stick star on the stop. Break up some small sticks and use a glue gun to stick them together. Use a glue gun to stick it onto the top of the triangle.
- Cut a big thick branch and use it as the base of your triangle stick tree. Use the glue gun to stick the triangle to the branch base. It should now stand up. The thicker the base the sturdier it will be.
- Decorate by weaving beautiful leaves, hole punched or not, through the string.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this Christmas nature craft table decoration. Your family will enjoy weaving beautiful leaves through the strings year after year!