It feels weird making a Mother’s Day card with my daughter when that card is meant for me.
Still, I’m the crafty one in our family and my youngest wanted to make me a card after she bought my present from the school Mother’s Day stall (it’s hiding in the cupboard and I’m not allowed to peek!)
I thought, why not, I’ll create a few Nature Mother’s Day cards myself too to give educators some ideas for simple and pretty Mother’s Day cards made with nature. We had a lovely time together.
Materials for nature heart cards
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Thank you for supporting Mother Natured.
- Nature including leaves, flowers and more
- Heart hole punch (optional)
- stamp set (optional)
- Good quality craft glue
- Recycled card paper
How to make the cards
- Go outside and collect some gorgeous items from nature. Collects leaves, flowers and anything else that’s handy.
- Fold some thick paper or white card in half.
- Write your message on the card with the stamps.
- Get crafty. Cut leaves into hearts or use a heart hole punch to create pretty heart shapes for your card.
- Decorate with other items from nature.
Don’t they turn out lovely. The colours are so vibrant. They just pop off the page.
See if you can find leaves of different colours to add something extra special to the cards
I ended up really enjoying spending time with my youngest and the pretty card she made was just a bonus.
I love simple crafts and these Nature crafted Mother’s Day cards are perfect if your an educator helping create a ton of cards for your student’s mothers or if you’re making just one with your own daughter.