These gorgeous mermaid tails are made using only leaves, and with Fall right around the corner, you’ll have plenty of materials to choose from and many different tails to create.
You may look rather odd, shuffling around your front yard, head down, eyes searching the dirt, but you’ll want to find those unique leaves with colors so brilliant they make the mermaid tail ‘POP’.
If you have a child who adores mermaids, well, this activity is for you. It’s so easy to make insanely gorgeous nature mermaids using the natural materials around you.
Initially I drew the pictures of the mermaids for this craft but one of my friends asked me how she’d do it because she couldn’t draw. She was totally right, so I decided to make some printables for the mother who struggles with drawing. I’m sure you know who you are *wink*.
You’ll only need a few items to get you started with this mermaid nature craft.
Materials for nature mermaids
- Mermaid nature craft printables – see below (optional)
- Natural materials from nature
- Good quality craft glue (optional)
How to make nature mermaids
- Collect a whole heap of materials from outside. You can use anything. I mainly stuck with the materials around my house but if you live near the beach they would look glorious made with sand, shells and seaweed. I must collect some next time I’m at the beach! ( I added this picture in after – adding beach materials is lovely too!)
- Place all the materials and printables on the table (or draw your own if you’re good at drawing) so your child can see all the material that are available to them.
- Let your child get crafty. They can use glue to create a beautiful artwork to display (make sure the materials are clean and dry if you do decide to use glue) or create a whole bunch of nature mermaids just by changing the materials around on the page.
- Make sure you take photos of their creations!
Can’t draw mermaids?
In this pack you receive a how to step-by-step instruction page, plus five mermaid printables to get you started with creating mermaids with nature. You’ll need nothing else because you only have to step outside to collect your natural materials!
I hope you love this mermaid nature craft activity. If you did, you would love the Disney Princess nature dress up activity too! Check it out by clicking the image below.