We’ve been drawing all types of turtles using a simple home-made stamp. It’s amazing how many unique and interesting turtles you can make!
What you’ll need:
- Wooden branch or wooden block
- Circle or oval shaped foam
- Glue gun
- Stamp ink pad
How do you make the turtle shell stamper
- Use a saw to cut a small tree branch into round cylinder blocks. The branch I used had a diameter of 10 cm. I cut the cylinder block 20 cm long.
- Using a glue gun, glue the round piece of foam onto one of the ends of the cylinder block.
- Let your children press the foam end of the stamp into the ink pad and make prints on a plain piece of paper.
- Next, pick up a pencil and start creating all sorts of wonderful turtle pictures using the stamped circle as the turtle’s shell.
- Here’s a video to help you get the idea.
See what turtles you can create!