With Valentine’s day coming up, I thought it would be nice for my eldest daughter and I to make a special gift for her best friend. Our wood slice bracelet was born.
It’s much easier to make than it looks and the end product turned out to be a beautiful, unique gift. My daughter was excited when I suggested she could add a secret message on the back of her wood slice. That secret message sits on your wrist, so no one would ever know it’s there! Best friends like secret messages.
She made one for her best friend and I was secretly making one for her!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Thick branch
- Drill with a thin drill bit
- Sand paper
- Sharpie pens
How to make your wood slice bracelet
I’ve added a collage of DIY images to show you just how easy it is.
1. Collect the thick branch. Put it in between a clamp and saw off a thin slice of wood.
2. Sand the two pieces of wood so they are nice an smooth. We don’t want any splinters, do we!
3. Drill two holes on opposite sides of the wood slice. We used a 3mm drill bit.
4. Give the holes a little sanding too.
5. Decorate your piece of wood with the sharpies. Don’t forget to add a secret message to the back!
6. Tie the string through the holes and then you’re done!
See, a really simple wood slice craft perfect for children and young teenagers and a beautiful gift idea for family and friends. My daughter can’t wait to give hers to her best friend and I can’t wait to give the one I made to her! Shhh, it’s a secret!