Top Wildlife Songs for Children

Wildlife Songs

Children enjoy moving like animals and singing animal songs so, while Miss Possum was dancing away to So Many Animals by Hi 5, I tried to think of more songs related to wildlife. You know what? I could only come up with five, pretty sad for a Wildlife Education Officer!

I asked my wonderful Facebook followers for help and thankfully they added more to the list. Here are some of the wildlife songs we all thought of, some that bring back fond memories and others that are more current. Grab your child and watch or dance to these great tunes.  Can you think of more?

1. So Many Animals – Hi 5

2. Doing it by Justine Clark

3. Please Don’t Call Me a Koala Bear – Don Spencer

4. Riding in the Pouch – Dot the Kangaroo

You really couldn’t and wouldn’t want to ride in the pouch of a kangaroo. Mucous galore!

5. The Monkey Dance – The Wiggles

6. Toad, Frog, Pollywog - Waffletron

7. Dinosaur Roar – Justine Clarke

8. Baby Beluga – The Wiggles

9. The penguin Strut – Don Spencer

10. Bilby Rock – The Rockin’ Rangers

11. Never Smile at A Crocodile

12. I Met a Bear

13. So Many Bugs Out There – Kat Korac & Donna Britton

I would love more wildlife songs from around the world.

*Please feel free to add your favourites in the comments below. If it meets selected criteria (and if  there’s a decent you tube clip), I will add it to the list.

Quite a few people have also mentioned the songs at Secret Gully. They have a nice Bilby song  here.

Click here to see our list of wildlife Christmas songs!

Comments

#2, #5 and #7 are big hits in this house.
    I’m teaching the boys a few Indonesian songs and there are ones about animals.
    Great list you’ve got here, Penny!

I can’t think of any more (you have quite an impressive list!) ,but if I do I’lll come back and let you know. Ps I suspect I’ll have Hi5 “So many animals” jigging around my head all day now that you’ve reminded me of it. It’s so catchy!

3. Rhianna says

My fav is about echidnas by Don Spencer. I am not really sure of it’s name but I have all the words in my head

Occasionally he spikes me, deep down I know he likes me, it’s fun to have an echidna of your own.

Mind you what Don Spencer song isn’t awesome!

4. Susan Stephenson says

Kookaburra Sits in the Old Gumtree, or Kookaburra Sits on the Electric Wire is a great and simple one to teach kids from overseas. I love 5 Little Ducks, Kaglook Said the Little Green Frog, and I second Don Spencer’s songs!

“Polliwog in a Bog” by the Barenaked Ladies (Canadian)
    “Mouse in my Tool Box” Laurie Berkner (USA)

Two of our favorite animal related songs!

6. Sheryl Haynes says

LOVE your unique list! I am a mom of four, and a grammy. I teach prenatal and family yoga (Sunshine Family Yoga on FB), and have an early childhood background. I thought Toad, Frog, Pollywog was cute. Dinosaur Roar is great to use with our DINOSAUR YOGA POSE. Here are some that I thought of; One Elephant (Went Out to Play), All the Little Fishes, The Ants Go Marching, Three Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree, Going on a Bear Hunt…

A BIG THANKS for all you do!!! Keep up the great work!