Giraffe Craft

Giraffe Craft

Miss Possum and I had a crafty day on Monday. Just look at what we made!

giraffe craft

First, we made the legs by recycling our Christmas paper rolls. Finally, there was something we could use them for!

Giraffe feet

We made four legs. Can you tell I like a cup of tea?

giraffe fur

Next, we covered a nappy box with old, used wrapping paper and added spots from some brown paper we had in our craft box.

Giraffe body (500x335)

We made a giraffe head (it was harder than I anticipated), attached all the parts to the body and…

Make a life sized giraffe

Voila!

I love that the Giraffe is as big as her.

What do you think? Are we giraffe crafty or what?! We had so much fun!

Giraffe Activity Links

• One Million Giraffes has tons of giraffe crafts. Some are brilliant!
  • Giraffe Links has heaps of links to giraffe websites including craft ideas, giraffe lovers, merchandise and more.

What craft have you made with your children recently?

Comments

1. Veronica @ Mixed Gems says

This is brilliant! Shows what one can do when thinking outside the square. I probably have all the bits and pieces to make something similar. Thanks for sharing the idea.

• pawhitehouse says

I know. That’s what inspired me really. Our recyle box was filled to the brim. We need to make something big!

2. Grace Titioka says

You are so giraffe crafy…and more, Penny-licious ! Thanks for the great idea – crafts made out of old boxes is always a good thing…you tea addict, you :)

• pawhitehouse says

I am a tea addict. I love it. I usually give up during summer though. It’s just too hot, but I’ve noticed I’m still enjoying my cuppa!

My kids would LOVE to make something like this. My 8 y.o. always loved making things with boxes when he was in prep and everytime he visits his little brother’s prep classroom he heads straight for the box construction corner.

You are so very crafty!

4. Kate @ BacktoBasicsTuition says

Wow, Miss Possum, I am so impressed, you are very clever! We love giraffes. Indi has a favourite giraffe that she sleeps with. His name is Mr Giraffe (we may not be quite as creative in our house as yours lol). Penny I love photo 2, especially those cute little toes ;)

• pawhitehouse says

Mr Giraffe is a great name. We have Mr wombat and Mr frog. I don’t see many Mrs plush toys though. Why is that?

• pawhitehouse says

She is proud isn’t she. It’s hard finding the time to do craft when the babies are crawling all around us and scrunching the craft items but we did quite well with this one.

5. tahlia - the parenting files says

this is seriously cool! Well done!So crafty and just truly amazing! What a great way to teach and talk about giraffes!

6. Kellie @ Three Li'l Princesses says

That is so clever, Penny. Well done! Very effective!
    And I have to admit, I’m a big tea drinker too!
    Thanks for being part of yesterday’s Alphabet Photography Challenge too. It was a fabulous shot! x

7. kirri says

Is it okay to admit that your crafty cleverness is starting to intimidate me? Miss Possum is far cuter than the Giraffe though….just saying!

• pawhitehouse says

I think so too Kirri but I’m apsolutely biased!

Don’t feel intimidated! If I had of shown you a close-up picture, you would have seen sticky tape galore and unrefined craftyness aplenty. Trust me!